I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Side

Chapter 1

Side: This is my role

TLed by: TanoshiKara

**Note: This Chapter has no Episode, only a title, added Side to make it easier to differentiate**


My name is Cuare. A Deity. This is not self-proclaimed. I am an actual Deity.


In the Realm of Deities, I am the Goddess of Love but honestly, I do close to nothing. After all, I do think that guiding the love of another or having others come to the realization are things that should not be done. That is why I am always watching over the romance of Humans.


It was on one such day. I was summoned by the Chief Deity. Ah, this is bad?, or so I thought as I headed there, heart racing, to be told, ‘I want to carry out a little experiment in the second world so go there’.


I felt relieved. But at the same time, I thought that this job was somewhat of a pain.


And so, I met that person. The protagonist of the second world, and the boy who the Chief Deity wanted to grant the ability to for the experiment. Now that it has come to this, I will see this through!


However, I am still a Deity. That is why I exuberated a Deity-like air and explained to him Rei Asube but. How did this happen? This boy does not think of me as a Deity at all! What's more, he does not seem to show any interest in my proportions that are highly regarded in the Realm of Deities......Hmmmm, is it because of the jersey?


Well, after all that has happened, the ability was granted without any issues and it began. I live in his apartment as a slacker......no, I guard his apartment while supporting him. As I am able to see the happenings of the outside world through his eyes, and I can hear voices through his ears, I am able to help him out at any time.


As he does not see me as a Deity, there are many times that he treats me poorly. However, that said, he has a kind side and he is taking care of others. As there is a need to have one's body be that of a Human when descending to the Lesser World, I do get hungry and tired. I do not think of them as inconveniences. On the contrary, I prefer it this way.


"I am home"


"Ah, welcome baacckk"


He is back home today as well. However, he seems to be more exhausted than usual. That is only natural. After all, he was worried for his friend and took action for his friend's sake.


"How was it? Your friend's matter"


By the way, I do not know what went down today. I am merely a supporter. Even though I said that I can share his sight and hearing, I do not use it to eavesdrop as and when I please.


"Ahh......well, it was resolved, I guess" He answers as he places a shopping bag on the kitchen table.


That is a somewhat vague way of phrasing it though......


After that, I eat dinner and take a bath as usual.


"Weewww, that's a good bath"


When I got out of the bath, he was preparing to sleep. He lines up two Futons1 side by side, puts the pillows in place, and spreads out the blankets. After he finishes, he falls backward on his Futon with a plump.


"......"


As expected, he is more tired than usual. In the first place, his mind gets worn out by his ability so it would instead be weird if he did not feel dreary. That is why I act in an energetic manner to cheer him up even the slightest but......from time to time, I get told that I am annoying.


"Rei"


"What is it?"


Sitting beside him, who is in a daze, I gently spread out my hands.


"Hey, heyyy, I'm gonna be comfooortinggg you if you are tired"


I said it in a slightly joking manner but I am absolutely serious.


"......"


He slowly rises from his bed and he looks at me in the eyes. Although, at this point, he would usually say 'Yeah, yeah' or 'Don't need it'.


"Oh?"


He falls on top of my chest. Even if I do say so myself, not knowing what to do, my body stiffened up for a moment. But......


"You have really done a good job"


I immediately embraced him gently.


Even though he is called the protagonist, he is a Human and is only a fifteen-year-old child. If it was a normal person, using that ability would chip away at their mind and it would not be weird if their decision-making skills was impaired.


I am having him do something cruel. Additionally, in the future, the ability will still level up and the cruelty will get worse. That is why, in order to support him, there are words that I must say to him.


Have a safe trip. Good work. Welcome home. And.


"Have a good night, Rei"


--------

Feel free to comment/pm me if you find any mistakes. Wishing everyone a belated happy new year! Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Prologue

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 1

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 2