My Wife in The Web Game is a Popular Idol Chapter 1 Episode 8

Chapter 1

Episode 8

TLed by: TanoshiKara


Several days have passed in a flash since I learned that Rin's real identity is Mizuki-san.


When I realized it, it was already Thursday. Online gaming with the three of us, Kurumizaka included, is planned for the day after tomorrow. Even just thinking about it makes me nervous.


"Hey, hey, Ayanokouji. Cheer up, yeah?"


"That's right, Ayanokouji-kun. You should be thankful to the Gods that you were able to visit the cafeteria with Mizuki-san even once"


"......I'm not at all depressed though"


This happened during lunch break when the classroom had a relaxing atmosphere. As usual, I was eating together with my two friends. I had not spoken to Mizuki-san in school since Monday. This was because there was a bit of a rumor spreading around the school, due to Mizuki-san and I heading to the cafeteria together.


If I was thinking about her idol career, it would be better if we did not interact in public anymore. In the end, we only spent a single lunch break together.


"Time to eat......*gulp*, *swallow*......Thank you for the meal"


After eating the boiled egg, I put my hands together. This is my only lunch.


"This is the usual, but you know, is one boiled egg enough?"


"Yeah, I got used to it"


"Getting used to it is a no-no you know......"


"You're receiving your pocket money, right? Aren't you gonna buy something like a bento?"


"I won't buy one. There's a need for me to have a surplus of cash for cashing after all......!"


" "This is why Online Game Goners are......" " The two of them let out a sigh and got turned off all at the same time.


How unexpected.


"Come to think of it, sayy Ayanokouji, won't you call Mizuki by her first name?"


"W-what is it all of a sudden? There's no way I have that kind of courage right?"


"But Mizuki calls Ayanokouji, Kazuto-kun right?"


"Well......yeah"


Come to think of it, I have the feeling that she was calling me by my first name from the start. I did think it was due to Mizuki-san's personality but......


"It's not normal for that Mizuki to call a boy by his first name I tell you"


"Is that so?"


"Yeap. This is something I heard half a year ago but...... It seems like a certain handsome guy tried to get closer to Mizuki by calling her by her first name"


"Ohh, and?"


"Seems like he got a curt response"


"A scene that I can picture"


"But the handsome guy had some sort of misunderstanding. Mistaking that Mizuki was being bashful, he flippantly hugged her from behind"


"A-and?"


"Got shoulder thrown and slammed onto the floor......!"


"M-My goodness......!"


Well, just from listening to this, the guy was at fault. Getting called by your first name all of a sudden to be hugged from behind after that, is, undeniably, sexual harassment.


"Luckily, the handsome guy got away with only bruises but......this proved that Mizuki has quite the hatred for men"


"Ratheerr than hate for men, isn't that legitimate self-defense?"


"That Mizuki is calling Ayanokouji by your first name you know?"


Tachibana ignores my words and continues the conversation.


"......What do you wanna say?"


"That's well, that, you know, that," Tachibana says, with much suggestiveness.


Seeing this, Saitou smirks as well. A somewhat uncomfortable atmosphere......


"According to my calculations, the probability that Mizuki-san is in love with Ayanokouji-kun is eighty-four percent!"


"Oh, huhh!? Wh-whwh-what're you talking about!?"


Saitou declared with so much confidence that I unconsciously stood up and shouted.


Within a second, I sensed gazes coming from all over the classroom.


"......urk"


My face is so hot it might boil.


I hurriedly sit down on my chair once again.


Even though I wanted to avoid standing out like this at all costs......!


"P-Pft, you are panicking too much Ayanokouji-kun"


"Isn't that because y-you were saying weird things! For t-that Mizuki-san to be into someone like me......!"


"No, no, Ayanokouji-kun I do think that it is quite likely you know"


"No way I say. Mizuki-san and I are friends in an online game. Nothing more and nothing less"


"Is that so? Recently, I have been discreetly monitoring Mizuki-san and there are times when she was mindful of Ayanokouji-kun"


"There you go saying random stuff again......"


"It seems like Ayanokouji-kun has not noticed but Mizuki-san has been gazing at you at every opportunity"


"Uh-huh, the great me also saw so there is no mistaking it"


"......Th-that's impossible"


That popular idol Rinka Mizuki is in love with me, a person who is called the Online Game Goner......? That is not something that is believable.


"If I said that, what would you do?"


"So it's a lie! I got a little happy dang it!"


"No, it sure is real though"


"What is up with that......"


This is bad. Saitou and Tachibana are toying around with me. I should take a deep breath for now and regain my composure.


"If you're that doubtful, shouldn't you just try calling Mizuki by her first name?"


"......If I got ignored or shoulder-thrown, I might not be able to get back up for life"


"Hey, Saitou. What is the probability that Ayanokouji's First Name Calling Challenge succeeds?"


"According to my calculations, it is about seventy percent"


"That suree is a probability that makes me oddly scared to challenge. And it is also lower than the probability of her being in love with me"


I do not get Saitou's calculations as usual.


"Say, are you Ayanokouji-kun?"


"Ehhhhhhhh?"


I turned to face the side as I was called. 


An unfamiliar female student was standing there. She is not a classmate. However, from the color of her ribbon, I was able to confirm that she is in the same year.


"Could you come with me for a while?"


"Erm......"


"Ahhhh, sorry. I will be troubled if you do not follow me immediately you seeee"


The female student bows her head apologetically but does not rescind her request. There is a gentle air to her, but it looks like she does not intend to give me the right to refuse.


"H-hey, hey......! As I expected, Ayanokouji's popular phase is......!"


"Ah, that is not the case so. And, I have a boyfriend anyway" She asserts seeing Tachibana tremble exaggeratedly.


"That is fine but can you tell me the reason?"


"I cannot say it out loud but Nana-chan is calling for you, you seee"


"Kurumizaka-san is?"


I wonder what business she has with me. Anyway, I cannot refuse flat-out if Sakurazaka is the one calling for me.


"Then shalll we be off?"


"Alright"


As I try to follow behind the female student, Tachibana and Saitou's eyes are wide open, expressing their shock.


"This is a l-lie, after Mizuki, even Nana-chan!? Are you a monster......-!"


"According to m-my calculations, the probability of Ayanokouji being in his popular phase is......hundred percent!"


.................. What are these people talking about I wonder.


While feeling their sharp gazes at my back, I left the classroom.

--------

A new chapter of My Wife in The Web Game is a Popular Idol for a new month! Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Prologue

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 1

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 2