Witch on the Holy Night - Volume 1 - Act 0
Volume 1
Act 0/ Avenue cafe
Tled by: TanoshiKara
Note: This series has no acts. 'Act' has been added for clarity.
It was an ironic, or perhaps sudden, downpour.
I dropped by the independently owned cafe on a whim.
The amount in my wallet was disheartening, but it was way better than getting drenched in the rain. Thinking about it calmly, I concluded that my body eventually turning cold was a more serious concern than my wallet feeling lighter.
As I thought, it seems like I have not had quite enough fun yet.
'Water not the plants, but one's heart;' I had heard that it was enjoyment that formed the very drive of everyday life.
The ways of the city were complicated.
I reached my seat.
I placed my order by imitating the people around me, all while regretting the fact that it might have been better to buy a book rather than a cup of coffee.
This was actually my first time at a cafe.
The cup of coffee that was brought over had much less coffee than I expected.
As I waited for the rain clouds to pass, I sipped the coffee, its flavor I knew nothing of.
The homey chimes of the bell that welcomed customers and the sound of rain were mixed in with the conversations at each table.
The cafe had Western decor, and its windows were oblong in shape.
Light would have filled the cafe if it were sunny. However, the cafe was dim as it was still raining.
A light rain.
A fleeting dream.
The chair’s backrest was soft, and it was of way better quality than the one in my room. It made it so that my exhausted body could doze off at any moment.
"That was fast"
"Yeah, I guess so. That prick was just talk"
"I see. So, what happened to him? Did you get rid of him?"
"Of course. I made sure he ate it"
"Let's go then. I have something I want to buy"
I heard whispers coming from the seat behind me.
They tilted their heads, puzzled by our conversation that sounded normal yet uncouth.
—Well, it's possible for these things to occur. It's not much of a shocking matter.
This very city (The city), where people gather, is the 'Wonderland.'
Just like how they can be found in this city, fairy tales can be found anywhere and everywhere.
The rain clouds were gone when I looked outside the window.
I stood up while I tried not to yawn.
*kling*, *kling*, the bell at the entrance went once again.
By the way, I only dropped by for those reasons, so...there was, of course, no way I could have remembered where the cafe was or what it was called.
--------
Thank you very much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.
Comments
Post a Comment