Harem Cheat Life in Present-day Japan ~The Story of the Male Teen who returned to Earth after saving Another World as the Hero and the Heroines who followed along for some reason~ Chapter 1-22
1-22 Returning Home and Lunch Boxes
TLed by: TanoshiKara
"We're backkk"
"Pardon my intrusion"
After finishing their meal, Kikyou and the others returned home while drawing gazes from the people around them as usual.
Saki was among them. Rather, she was invited by Kikyou on their way back, so Saki decided to stay until dinner.
After washing their hands, among other things, they went to the living room.
When they got there, they got out the items they bought, and everyone helped to sort them.
There were quite a lot of items, but it did not take much time as there were six people.
As they were done with the sorting, they had free time until dinner.
Playing games, maintaining their weapons, sorting the item box; They each spent their time however they pleased, but Kikyou headed to the kitchen for some reason and put on an apron.
"Kikyou-sama?"
Why did Kikyou head to the kitchen even though it was still too early to cook dinner?, or so the girls thought when Lumia stopped her weapon maintenance, stood up, and approached Kikyou.
"Kikyou-sama......Is something the matter?" She asked as she tilted her head.
"Hm? Well, there's nothing to do, so I was thinking of making lunch boxes," Kikyou replied indifferently, as if it was nothing special.
"Ahh, it does start tomorrow after all," Lumia said as she nodded, seemingly convinced by Kikyou's words.
Indeed, many things happened, and you may have forgotten, but Kikyou is still a high schooler.
As it was still the weekend when they returned to this world, they stayed home yesterday and went out today, but come Monday, in other words, a weekday, he would, of course, need to go to school.
"Correct. When it comes to lunch boxes, it is common for them to be made in the morning, but with this item box here, there are no longer any restrictions on time, so......I thought, why not make them now since I'm free"
Time does not pass in the item box. In other words, there is no need to worry about the expiry dates of items in the item box, and it is also possible to eat a freshly cooked meal at any time.
Geez, this is a feature that makes the faces of electrical appliances go pale if they had one.
"This sure is convenient, huh," Kikyou said, moved after he compared the present to the time before he got transported, and felt the convenience of the item box, and, by extension, magic.
Kikyou had an innocent smile on his face, like he was a child whose parent had bought him his favorite toy. Seeing this made Lumia smile naturally as well, as if the joy were her own. She then nodded her head.
"By the way, Kikyou-sama, is there anything I can help with?" Lumia asked a few seconds later.
"Hmm, ah, I'll have you make the rolled omelettes then"
"Understood!"
Lumia washed her hands excitedly, perhaps overjoyed that she could help out.
During that time, Kikyou, while preparing the ingredients for the lunch box, seemed to have thought of something suddenly, as he looked towards the living room.
"Ah. Say, Saki"
"......Hm? What is it?"
Saki looked towards Kikyou, controller in hand.
It seems like she was playing Fario Kart, which had a recent boom among the Ichinose household, with Shea and Latiana.
By the way, Lew was sitting with everyone on the sofa, but she was not playing the game and was sorting the item box.
Surprisingly, she loves things to be tidy.
"If Saki is, you know, should I make your share as well?" Kikyou asked as he watched the girls.
"Eh, is that alright with you?" Saki asked, her eyes wide open.
Kikyou nodded.
"Yeah, it doesn't take much time and effort. If anything, I want to use up all these ingredients, so that helps"
"Is that so? Then I will have to ask you to do that for me"
"Alrighty"
"Do you need any help?" Lumia asked even though she knew that there was little difference in the time and effort needed to make six portions instead of five, as she thought that it would be weird for her to continue playing while leaving everything to him.
"No, I guess I'll be alright this time. Rather than that, please play with everyone"
"I understand. I shall take you up on the offer then," Lumia said, breaking into a kind smile as she nodded.
To them, who were almost like family, being overly reserved was not a virtue.
And so, Kikyou started making lunch boxes with Lumia. While considering the colors and nutritional balance, among other things, they worked with each other and cooked one dish after another.
And when each of the dishes was done, they placed Kikyou's and Lumia's portions into their respective lunch boxes and split the portions of those who were staying in the house on different plates before putting them into Lumia's item box. This way, the girls could eat the freshly cooked dishes tomorrow.
"Here, Saki"
"Thank you, Kikyou. I am looking forward to lunch tomorrow"
Saki was excited as she could eat Kikyou's cooking in school as well. This adorable side of hers made Kikyou smile.
"Everyone's portions are with Lumia, alright?" Kikyou told the girls.
The girls thanked Kikyou. Among them was Latiana, who looked around restlessly, as it seemed like she did not understand the situation.
"Maester, areee you going somewhere tomorrow?" Latiana asked as she ran around Kikyou.
Kikyou tilted his head.
"Wait, I guess I haven't told Lati yet, huh. You see, starting from tomorrow, I'm going to school"
Indeed. In terms of the time that had passed in this world, it would have been three days since Friday, that is, and if the time that had passed in the other world were included as well, it would have been around three years since Kikyou went to school.
—To the school that he only has bitter memories of.
--------
Thank you for reading, I hope that you enjoyed the chapter!
Comments
Post a Comment