My Wife in The Web Game is a Popular Idol Chapter 1 Episode 19

Chapter 1

Episode 19

TLed by: TanoshiKara


"Ohhhh, Kazuto-kun sureee is an imeresting kid!"


"I-Is that so?"


"Uh-huh, uh-huh, it's fun talking with you"


I was made to keep Kasumi-san and Nonoa-chan company while waiting for their mother to return. So I talked with Kasumi-san and played with the playful Nonoa-chan while relaxing in the living room...... They were being reserved around me, so it was quite tough.


Rinka was in the kitchen preparing dinner. She had tied up her hair into a ponytail and was now wearing an apron.


I could see her back from here, but merely looking at it would cause my heart to skip a beat.


"Ohhhh, what's this, what's this? You charmed by Rinka?"


"W-Well......Yes," I agreed, thinking that it would be rude to disagree.


No, she is actually cute. I'm probably the first regular person to see the familial side of the cool idol.


"Seems like today's curry! Does Big Bro Kazuto like curry?"


"I do. ......Ow, ow, ow"


Nonoa-chan pulled my bangs lightly.


What's she gonna do if I become bald while I'm young?


"Today's curry is gonna be mild"


"I see. I wonder how long it has been since I've eaten a mildly flavored one. I wonder if she made it mild to suit Nonoa-chan's tastes"


"Uh-uh, you're wrong. I love it extra spicy, after all"


"You're one unique elementary schooler. Your tastes are out of whack, you know. ......Eh, then she made it mild for Kasumi-san's sake?"


"Hahaha, do you think something like mild curry can satisfy me, Kazuto-kun boy?"


"What do you mean by boy? ......No, my impression of Kasumi-san is that you like it spicy"


"Right? In other words, the reason for it being mild is......"


"Rinka?"


"Correct!"


T-That's surprising. For that Rinka to be in the mild-flavor fraction. Even though it seems like she would still have a straight face after eating extra spicy curry.


"Big Sis Rinka does not take spice well! You know, yesterday, she teared up after licking some of the chilli peppers that came with the udon, after all!"


"She sure does not take spice well, huh. Those that come with udons are probably milder"


What is this, I wonder. I find myself being slightly happy that I got to know an unexpected side of Rinka. Feels like I'm part of the elite for some reason.


"You know, we too want to eat spicy stuff. However, Rinka's the only one who can cook, so we can't go against her"


"Ohhh. Is Kasumi-san bad at cooking?"


"Yeap, no way, impossible! See, I tried to make boiled eggs by microwaving them the other day, and they exploded. Ahahaha"


"Yaaay! Exploded, exploded~!"


"Ain't that no laughing matter? It's a dire problem, like seriously dire"


To explain using an online game, it is like selling the weapon you spent several weeks strengthening; A careless mistake and the worst failure. Even though it is common knowledge in this day and age that one should never microwave eggs.


"Kazuto boy. You would do well to remember what I say next"


"......What is it?"


Sitting opposite me, Kasumu grinned as she brought her face closer.


"Life----explodes"


"If you're gonna say that, then it's art that explodes, right? If life exploded, then wouldn't it be the end of everything" 


According to my calculations, the probability that the Mizuki Household is crazy is a thousand percent, or so Saitou would definitely say if he were here.


As I narrowed my eyes and looked at Kasumi-san cackling away, I heard the sound of the door opening.


Their mother had returned.


"It'ss mummy!"


Nonoa-chan tottered over joyfully.


Ain't she a cutie. I'm a high schooler, but she made me want a daughter of my own.


And, appearing at last, while accompanied by Nonoa-chan, was Rinka's mother and----.


"Bwahhh. Ahhhh, this is bad, so bad. The ground is shaking like crazyyy"


......She was very drunk. Her face was crimson, and she was staggering.


Come to think of it, Mizuki did say, huh. Her mother would be going for a little drink with her friends before she returned. ......Is this a little?


"Hey, mother. This is embarrassing, so get a hold of yourself"


"Ahaaa, sorry, Rinkaaa"


Rinka, who rushed to the kitchen, passed her mother a cup of water, and she drank it all in one go.


......What is this feeling, I wonder. I can't explain it well, but her mother is quite different from my impression of her.


It's the mother who brought up Rinka, you know? I had the impression that she was stricter. No, considering Nonoa-chan and Kasumi-san's personalities, on the contrary, it'd be weird that she is strict.


In that case, is Rinka growing up to be someone with a cool personality an anomaly? But I do not feel that it's an anomaly in Rin's case.


"Yoouuu aree...Kazuto......Ayanokouji-kun huhhhh?"


"Y-Yesss"


She's not articulating her words well.


While reeking of alcohol, Rinka's mother moved closer to me. She then squeezed my face with both of her hands.


"My, oh myy. You havee a cute face. Are you from Johnnys?"


"N-No"


"Really? What a shamee. Why don't you apply right now?"


What in the world is this person saying? Ain't she too drunk...


"Now, now, mother. Please don't trouble Kazuto-kun"


"Urg, Rinkaa"


Rinka dragged her mother and sat her on the sofa.


She really did not look like a woman with a daughter who was a popular idol.


"Fufu, surprising, right, Kazuto boy?"


"Yeah. ......And what's with calling me boy?"


"Our mother...she's usually scarily serious, but she seems to become another person with just a little alcohol"


"I-I see......"


I wonder what she's like usually.


I sure could not imagine that she was usually a serious person after seeing her being cared for by Rinka on the sofa.


I continued to observe from the sidelines.


Rinka and her mother exchanged some words before Rinka walked up to me.


"Erm, Kazuto-kun. My mother told me to give this to you"


"Eh?"


Rinka, seemingly hesitant, held out a smartphone before me.


I took it as it was the natural thing to do, and soon regretted it.


The smartphone was on a video call, and displayed on the screen was a bespectacled man who seemed straight-laced.


It was not hard to guess who this person was.


"Good evening. You are Kazuto Ayanokouji, I see. I am Rinka's father, Mikio Mizuki"


"......Good evening"


Is this a rush of tumultuous waves? Younger Sister -> Older Sister -> Mother -> Father. Isn't this the Mizuki household full course special? I met them all in one day.


"I apologize for greeting you like this. I cannot go over due to my work"


"N-No, no"


If I could, I didn't want to meet him even if it were over the phone.


"I hear that you and Rinka are dating......"


"E-Erm, umm...... There is a little misunderstanding......"


"Misunderstanding?" Father Mikio said menacingly as he pushed his glasses up.


The pressure's crazy. I sure would have left forcefully if I knew this would happen.


"Actually, umm...I met Rinka in an online game...... In real life, we are kind of like friends (?) who have started hanging out recently"


I confessed everything truthfully. I arrived at this point while being swept along, but it would definitely be better to tell her father everything. It is because he's the scariest that I should be truthful with him.


Even if I would be despised......


"Ayanokouji-kun......"


"......Yes"


"In other words, you are telling me that it is just my family getting excited for no reason, is that it?"


"I a-apologize! E-Erm......that is the case!"


That is not exactly wrong. Or rather, it's the truth.


"......"


"......"


There was a heavy silence.


Father Mikio put his hand on his chin, seemingly deep in thought.


"......Ayanokouji-kun"


"Y-Yes"


"I understand your situation. My prediction is probably right"


"......?"


What does that mean?


I listened carefully to Father Mikio's words.


"Ayanokouji-kun, this was the path I had passed through in the past"


"E-Erm?"


"Hang in there"


"W-What do you mean by that!? It sounds like you have already attained enlightenment though!"


"I shall give you some advice as a trailblazer. Choose a job with many business trips"


"Huh!?"


Father Mikio said his words with a strangely heavy tone.


I did not understand what he meant whatsoever.


"My wife is an endearing existence. However, her flirting with me for the entire day tires me, and this tiredness does not wear off even when morning arrives"


"What are you talking about! I am telling you that I do not understand you!"


"Love drives people into sometimes............Carve those words into your soul"


"Wa-"


*beep*, *beep*.


The video call ended.


"......"


Why does every single one of these people not listen to me and cut the call halfway...


"Father Mikio......What in the world happened to you?"


This might have been the moment I saw a glimpse of the Mizuki household's darkness. Something probably happened between him and Mother Mizuki. This continued and has not changed even up to this day.


I was warned in the short video call with Father Mikio.


"Can I have it back, Kazuto-kun?"


"Y-Yeah"


I returned the smartphone to Mizuki, my hands shivering for some reason.


I might already be stuck in a bottomless swamp. Indeed, it was like I was trapped in a death game where the logout button had disappeared......


"What's wrong, Kazuto-kun?"


"Uhh......"


I guess this is what they call having the deck cleared. I'm sure Father Mikio experienced the same thing............!


"Ahaha, it's nothing," I said while letting out a dry laugh.


That was the only thing I could do.

--------

Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Prologue

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 2

Hanasaku Iroha – The Place That Blooms Someday Prologue