My Wife in The Web Game is a Popular Idol Chapter 1 Episode 20

Chapter 1

Episode 20

TLed by: TanoshiKara


"You took the time to come over, so you should have stayed over~"


"That is obviously a little............"


"Ahaha, it's a joke, a joke"


Sitting in the driver's seat with her hands on the steering wheel, Kasumi laughed mischievously.


I don't think she's joking.


Sitting in the passenger seat, I stared blankly at the passing scenery of the town at night.


I recalled what happened a few minutes ago.


After finishing a lively dinner with the Mizuki household, it had become too late for a student to roam about.


Everyone in the Mizuki household was worried about my safety, so they suggested that I stay over, but I politely declined.


Tomorrow is Monday, so I need to go to school. ......I wouldn't have the courage to even if it were a weekend.


When I told them I would be going home, they decided to have Kasumi send me back.


By the way, Rinka was looking after Nonoa-chan and her mother.


I think that she is a kind girl.


"I wanted to have a chat with my younger sister's boyfriend, you see~"


"I'm not her boyfriend yet, though"


"Oh? You said not yet, huh"


"......That's not what I meant"


The car slowed down and came to a halt, stopped by the traffic light.


This might be rude, but I thought Kasumi-san was the type to flagrantly ignore the traffic lights. Well, it's illegal, so I did think she wouldn't as well.


"Say, Kazuto-kun"


"What is it?"


"Wear contraception when you cross the line with Rinka, okay?"


"Pft! W-What are you saying!?"


"Isn't a pregnancy controversy bad? Rinka is, you know, a popular idol"


"T-That's true, but......!"


How can Kasumi-san say something like that with such a straight face! Does a person's sensitivity to the erotic change once they become university students? Am I just not used to it? Or is it Kasumi-san's nature?


"Ah, I have not done it"


"I didn't ask, though......"


"Really? You look like you were thinking about it, you know?"


"......Can we please stop talking about this? I don't know what expression I should have when we talk about this"


"Ahaha, howw pure"


".....Sorry"


I apologize for some reason.


The traffic light turned green, and the car started moving once again.


I cannot explain it well, but there is a mysterious feeling about driving through the city at night.


There was only silence, other than the sound of the car.


"Say, does Kazuto-kun have someone else you like?"


"No, but......why do you ask?"


"Well, you know, you're still sensible even after Rinka's many advances, right? So I thought you might have someone you like"


"......I don't have anyone like that"


"Hmm. Then is Kazuto-kun, like, popular? Something along the lines of being so popular that Rinka's level of  beauty doesn’t satisfy you"


"I'm not popular at all"


"Isn't it just that Kazuto-kun isn’t aware? I think I definitely wouldn't ignore you if I were in your class"


"I'm happy that Kasumi-san said that to me. Even if it was a joke"


"Ahaha, it's not a joke. I actually kinda am envious of Rinka after all"


"......"


Kinda am envious of Rinka... I felt like there were many meanings behind those words.


......I wonder what I should respond with. I don't know, as I'm not confident in my communication abilities.


"You've been told a lot of stuff today, but tell me if you actually dislike Rinka, okay? I'll try to do something about it, so"


"......I don't dislike Rinka. It's just that I've not made uo my mind yet"


"I see............Well, of course you'd think about it, huh. On the contrary, I'm glad that you're not a boy who goes after girls without a second thought"


Kasumi-san broke into a smile out of relief.


She fools around, but she's probably a serious person at heart, huh.


After this short exchange, I think I now understand Kasumi-san's nature a little better.


After talking with Kasumi-san for a few minutes, the atmosphere, calm, the car arrived at the public square near the station.


"Are you alright with me dropping you off here? I can send you home, you know"


"No. I'll reach home after walking for around ten minutes from here, so it's alright"


"Is that so? Even though you don't have to hold back"


"I feel like going for a little walk, so... Thank you very much"


I got out of the car and bowed to Kasumi-san.


Kasumi-san wound down the window and talked to me.


"This may seem persistent of me, but it looks like Rinka and Kazuto-kun are really compatible with each other, so I think that you can make it work somehow"


"Thank you very much. I will try my best to become a male who is worthy of Rinka"


"Ahaha. Kazuto-kun's alright as is. Have more confidence in yourself," Kasumi said, cheering me up with a smile on her face


"O-Okay"


Is this what they call the allure of an older person? My heart skipped a beat.


"See you, Kazuto-kun. Good night"


"Alright, have a good night"


Kasumi-san drove off after waving at me casually.

--------

Thank you very much for reading, I hope you enjoyed it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Prologue

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 2

Witch on the Holy Night - Character Introductions (Volume 1)