I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 5

Chapter 1

Episode 5 As expected, I do not know what is Love

TLed by: TanoshiKara


"Th-that is not true"

"And there"


"Ohhhh! It went it again! As expected, you sure are amazingg!"


Four days after my daily life changed.

I am more or less used to the ability.

Indeed, I have gotten used to it.

I have to get used to the ability or my mind will break.

I knew before getting the ability that human relationships are complex but I have come to have more thoughts about this matter after getting the ability.


"Nah, if you try free-throwing it several times"


"Nah, out of ten times, I only had two times where the ball went it though"


"In your case, the way you throw is weird in the first place"


A daily life that is unchanged if I leave out the ability.

Today, I am playing basketball for Gym class.

By the way, the girls are playing volleyball.

In the Gymnasium, the girls and boys are split evenly. However, among the girls who seem to be having fun, the boys do not seem to be enjoying themselves as much.


"Geez, sooo boorriiinngg. I don't know this basketball thing"


"Hey, it goes this no? The one where you just prop up your left hand"


"You won't score even if you prop it uppp"


Just like this, the boys are lacking enthusiasm. Though there are those among them who are enthusiastic about it, the larger portion of the boys are only half-heartedly dribbling or passing the ball.

There is a match later but just as I was about to think about what would happen.


"Oh? Like this!"


"Yea, yea. You're good, you're good"


"Phew. I just might have the talent for basketball"


Kenta is always optimistic no matter what he does.


"Heeyyy. It's about time for the matchhhh"


It was at that moment. The Gym teacher, Mr. Yamano hollers.

A muscular man with crew-cut hair.

He is the supervisor of the Basketball Club. He is thirty-three years old and single.


"Yayyy, a match huh"


"Wellll, I'll just play half-heartedly"


The splitting of teams ends.

The match begins.

In the middle of the match, the girls looked over at the boys as if they were watching the match.


"Rei!"


"Whoa"


Receiving the pass from Kenta, I press forward towards the goal. I am also not playing all that seriously and I do not sense the seriousness in my opponent as well.

One, two, after breaking through two opponents, the final one is in front of the goal.


"You shall not pass!!"


Oh? This person has a lot of enthusiasm.

Erm, Katou-kun? It seems like he has a girlfriend. And, the fact that there is a line sticking out is proof that his girlfriend is in the same class.


For now, at this distance, rather than breaking through him.


"Hup"


"Wha!?"


I aim at the hoop and shoot the ball from my current position.

Probably thinking that I would attempt to break through him, Katou-kun's reaction was delayed for a moment. He jumps but is unable to touch the ball.

The ball that I threw went in without touching the hoop.


"Amazziinngg! As expected, you are amazzinngg!"


Kenta comes over to give me a shoulder embrace.

I do wonder why his tension is this high.


"Nah, your tension is too high"


"No no. After all, Katou is from the Basketball Club you know? And in his middle school days, his skills were highly regarded"


"Huh?"


Basketball Club? These eyes do not show such information so I did not know that.

It has only been two weeks in and I do think that I am pretty well versed in the faces and names of my classmates but......it is not to the point where I know what clubs they were in. On the other hand, Kenta sure is amazing.

Even though he gives off the air that he is dead set on the two-dimensional. I should learn from him too.


After that, the match heads into the final stretch.

Ex-basketball member Katou gets worked up likely due to the fact that he let a Go-Home Club member score and he is marking me.

That is all well and good but there is a problem.


The girlfriend that Katou is apparently going out with.

According to information from Kenta, she is Shinoda, the girl who is the manager of the Basketball Club. A girl who wears an Alice band and has red, bob-cut hair.


Now, the problem is their love.

At first, their names are joined by a sturdy line but after letting me score once, the line has been getting thinner.

Regarding this, Cuare elaborates.


"That is the proof that the love is fading. It seems like it is thinning out from lil' girlfriend's side right? That means her love for Mr. Boyfriend is fading"


Or so it goes.

This might be quite bad. At this rate, Katou-kun might just break up with Shinoda-san.


"I cannot let it end like this!"


Ugh, Katou-kun also went and said a line that comes from a protagonist.

Honestly, this is a Gym class. There is no need to go all out as one does during club activities. This is because one merely needs to participate in the class adequately to get a good grade from the teacher.


That said, this is a difficult problem.

If this goes on, Katou-kun's love will not last for long if it is one that fades just by letting me score once.

On the flip side, if I win, there is a high probability that Shinoda-san will break up with Katou-kun.

Either way, Katou-kun's future is......

Additionally, they are only at the point where they have merely held hands several times. Indeed, the two of them have not even hugged or kissed.


"What a cruel fate he is in for......!"


"Why do I have to experience such a thing during Gym Class!"


"Rei!"


While I am confused about why my name was called, Katou-kun slaps the ball from my hand and his teammate retrieves it.

After that, the match continues as I ponder about Katou-kun's future......and the buzzer signaling the end of the match sounds.

The result is the victory of Katou-kun's team.

A victory, however.


"Maaannn, it was a good exercise right, Rei?"


"......Yeah"


For Kenta, that seems to be like some slightly strenuous exercise. However, for me, rather than physically, I feel worn out mentally.


"......"


The relationship of the two that I was concerned about up until the end.

It seems to have been restored somehow but there is the risk of the line thinning. Furthermore, how do I put it......it seemed like Shinoda's gaze was on me.


"As expected, I do not know love well"


"Huh? What's with you all of a sudden"


After that, Katou-kun and Shinoda-san managed to continue to go out with each other but who knows whether there is true love in that relationship......


--------

Feel free to comment/pm me if you find any mistakes. Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoyed yourself!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Prologue

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 1

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 2