Let's Dance with Ghost Stories, and You Dance on the Stairs Chapter 1 Ver1.1a

Chapter 1

An Officer in the Next Room

TLed by: TanoshiKara


The second floor has two rooms. One of them is mine and the other was originally my grandmother's. However, it became an empty room ever since she passed away several years ago. And, after it slowly became my storeroom, the state of both rooms is now like my room.


Using both rooms is a luxury, or so my parents said, exasperated. Clean up Grandma's room, or so they also said, but... Cleaning it up is a pain, so I put it off, occupying the room up until today.


However, around the time when Spring arrives and people forget all about the chilliness, it has finally come to the point where that cannot fly. This is because the room I am occupying must now welcome a new owner. The owner’s name is Yuka Miyajima, one of the many siblings that my father has.


“Tomohiro~! Aunt Yuka is hereee!!”


I can hear my mother's voice coming from downstairs. It was hard to understand whether she was calling me to 'Come downstairs to welcome your aunt', or if she was checking up on me, with the nuance of 'Your aunt is here so you better be done with that clean up already.'


It was no time to be reminiscing while reading the perverted books that I had totally forgotten I had hidden behind the shelf.


The voices of my mother and my aunt draw closer as they climb the stairs while having a friendly conversation.


The only thing I do not want is for them to find a floor strewn with perverted books!, or so I thought as I gathered them up, tied them, and piled them up with a drill book on top as a diversion; It was at that moment that the door opened.


"Yooo, Tomohiro-kun! It sure has been a long time hasn't it~!"


A most energetic voice is the first thing that leaves her mouth when she starts to speak. Aunt Yuka has not changed.


"H-H-Hello Aunt Yuka, it has been a long time...!"


"Uh-huh, long time no see, huh! Grandma's funeral was the last time, I guess. Huh? You have grown quite tall, no? Grown even taller than me, right?"


Aunt Yuka is my aunt so I am calling her that, but she is at an age young enough that I think it would be better for me to call her big sister instead. She is my aunt, but her age is probably closer to mine rather than my dad's. However, her voice is loud and full of enthusiasm for some reason, so she seems like somewhat of an aunt.


"Let's try putting our backs against each other for a bit. Hey, straighten up!"


"There we go. ......Ohh? Are you keeping your feet on the floor?"


"I am..."


The fragrance coming from my aunt's hair tickles my nose all of a sudden. It smells very much like the scent of the hair of the girls in my class, causing my heart to race for some reason, even though my aunt is a relative.


"Hah hah hah hah! Wow~, to think that Tomohiro-kun has finally surpassed even me in height! You were a small runt back in elementary school but, as expected, boys sure grow fast once they reach puberty~!"


"He suddenly got taller, you see. It’s during this kind of period that I want him to be in some sort of club but...He’s lazy which is really troubling"


My mother and my aunt cackled.


"Tomohiro, your aunt still has some baggage at the entrance, so carry them up for her."


"Ahh~, it's okay big sister! I'll do it, I'll do it!"


"It's fine, my child is a boy, after all, it is times like this that we should work him to the bone. Off you go, off you go Tomohiro"


"Kay, kaaay."


"They’re heavy though, will you be alright on your own? Wanna carry them together with your aunt?"


How strange - I think I feel reluctant because I find that it’s a pain to be told by my mother to carry the baggage, but being asked by Aunt Yuka if I can carry the baggage on my own made me feel like acting tough, and saying I will be fine even if I am alone.


"Alright, alright! Do your best, Tomohiro-kun! I did buy some delicious cakes as a souvenir~! Let's eat them together when you are done! Do your besttt!"


"I-I will do my best..."


I head down the stairs, feeling like I got pressured by my aunt's enthusiasm.


I hear the voice of my mother and my aunt coming from behind.


"It seems like my child doesn’t have much vigor. I do wish that he’s more lively, like the boys around his age."


"Big sister, times like this call for Judo, you know, Judo!"


...I wonder if Judo will be recommended to me day after day until my aunt leaves.





At a glance, Aunt Yuka may look like a cheerful and kind aunt, but she is more than that. Being a huge drinker and having superhuman strength are, of course, noteworthy points of hers but the most noteworthy of all is the fact that she is an Officer.


My aunt only tells me bits and pieces even if I ask about her accomplishments, so I do not know what working as an Officer is like. However, I do kind of get that only people with as much physique as my aunt will be able to work as one.


Well, the reason why an aunt like her would move into our house is also, as expected, related to the police force. It seems like there was a change to the police station she is assigned to.


It seems like the dorm she is going to move into is undergoing renovations and plumbing work, so she needs to seek lodging somewhere else for a while. And so, the topic of whether or not we, whose house is near the police station, will be able to have her over for a while, was brought up.


Originally, four people, including Grandma, lived at our house so, with Grandma's passing, we had enough space to accommodate a person. And......it is Persecution Complex from here on but, I think it might have been the perfect excuse to drive me out of Grandma's room. Proposing to provide lodging for my aunt, my parents then demanded for my withdrawal from the second private room.


The traveling bags at the entrance were every bit as heavy as my aunt said they were, unbelievably heavy in fact. Even so, it is pathetic for a man to give up, so I pushed myself and managed to carry them up to the second floor, somehow.


I managed to accomplish quite the feat, so there was supposed to be applause welcoming me back. ...However, there is, strangely, embarrassment in the air.


Yeah, that's right. Leave that caring aunt of mine in a room that is in the midst of cleanup, and she’d continue tidying it up - a development I should’ve anticipated...


With the mountain of perverted books that I placed the drill book over now out in the open, right in front of my mother and my aunt, my privacy is now worth scraps...


"You know, Tomohiro...using your pocket money on things that are slightly more beneficial for you is..."


"No, no, big sister, these are extremely important for kids his age! Tomohiro-kun, your aunt does not think that these are something you should be ashamed of okay~!!"


"Woaahhh!! Aunt Yuka, please stop that! Don't look through itttt!!"

--------

Suurrprriisee! I have decided to pick up a new series! Feel free to comment/pm me if you find any mistakes. Thank you for reading, I hope that you enjoyed the chapter.

Changelog:

    -Ver1.1a: Added more commas and contractions. Thank you omegabodega for the feedback!

Comments

  1. This reads weirdly because of a lack of commas and contractions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Prologue

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 1

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 2