My Wife in The Web Game is a Popular Idol Chapter 1 Episode 7

Chapter 1

Episode 7

TLed by: TanoshiKara


"......It is about time huhh"


A few minutes before 2100. Already logged in, I stare at the computer screen. Displayed on the screen is a young man, dressed fighter-style, fishing by the shore. This is the character I am controlling. His class is a warrior. A nice guy who fights in close-quarters combat wielding a sword and shield. However, as his harvesting skills have been leveled excessively, a rod now fits him better than a sword. And he is currently fishing. This might as well be a miner's rest day at this point.


"Oh......caught something. Aw man, it is a rubber boot "


I immediately discarded the rubber boot from my inventory. A trash item without any value. I composed myself and started fishing once again. Also, it is most likely that today is going to be fishing while chatting with Rin.


Normally, I rarely game with Rin on weekdays. Even if we do, the limit was between twenty and thirty minutes.


She sure is busy with her life, or so I thought until yesterday. It is now that I understand quite well. With her being busy with idol activities, Mizuki-san probably has very little to herself on weekdays.


"I am more composed than I thought"


I thought I would be more nervous, but I am so relaxed that even I, myself, am shocked. I guess this is natural if I think about it. In the end, only Rin's identity has been revealed. It is not like she became a different person. The online game environment then led me the rest of the way, to composure.


"Will Rin hurry and log in?"


A few minutes after fishing while waiting. The chat at the bottom of the screen displayed 'Rin has logged in'. I quickly sent something in chat.


"Good work~. I'm fishing today"


"Eh, that's rare! For Kazu to be fishing!"


Ohhh, it is the usual Rin. I was thinking 'which one' she would go with but, as expected, she went with Rin.


"I will head there now~"


"Okay"


As I continue fishing by the shore, Rin appears on the beach on a horse. She then gets down from the horse and walks up to me. Wasting no time, she takes out her fishing rod and starts fishing just like me.


I had a sudden doubt in my mind when I saw this scene—Rin's appearance is that of an outgoing Elf......Is this Mizuki-san’s interest perhaps? It is a character that differs from her cool image which is odd.


While thinking about that, I send something in the chat with the same energy.


"Rare huh, for you to invite me on a Monday"


"That's 'cause there's the thing today! It made me want to play together even if it's just for a bit"


I unknowingly broke into a smile when I heard that honest reply. I was honestly happy. Her manner of speech differs from her persona in real life but there is no mistaking that, that is Mizuki-san's actual feelings.


"It is cause I can say it now but, honestly, I was nervous the whole time while I was at school"


"Nervous? Why?"


"That's, even I would get nervous when I thought that I could meet with the actual Kazu~"


"You did not look that way though. You were reading a book in the morning right?"


"I only acted in a way that wouldn't show it. I don’t remember the content of the book at all"


So that was the case. It seems like I was not the only one who was nervous.


"That is why, when my eyes met with Kazu-kun's, I didn't know what to do so I quickly waved"


"Ahhhh, that huh"


"I suree was happy when you waved back. Was Kazuto-kun not nervous?"


"Very nervous. So nervous the whole time that I shut myself in the toilet in the morning"


"That was being overly nervous lol. You did not look like you were nervous though"


No, I was very nervous you know?


If anything, I think it was the day that I used the word nervous more than anyone in the entire world.


"You know, even during lunch break, when I thought about talking to Kazuto-kun, my voice quivered a little...... A memory that makes me so embarrassed, my face feels like it is on fire"


"Did it quiver? I do think it was as usual though"


"Uh-uh. It quivered for sure"


Come to think of it...... Mizuki-san merely stated her business and left the classroom immediately after. She was putting on a cool front so it was hard to tell, but I think that it is really cute of her to convey her inner thoughts to me just like this.


Even after that, we were having fun talking about today itself. The conversation was without pause, with the chat box filling steadily over time.


And when I realized it—.


"Ah, it's already this late......"


An hour passed in a flash. The current time is 2212. Up until now, Rin had always made sure to log out by 2200. She has accidentally gone past the curfew slightly.


"Are you going off?" I asked casually.


A few seconds pass before she replies with a short 'Uh-huh'.


"......?"


The perplexing silence continues.


Am I supposed to start the conversation?


After pondering for a while, Rin sends something in the chat.


"Do you have a headphone with a mic?"


"I do, why?"


"Want to voice chat from the next time onwards?"


"That is fine. Let's do that"


I see, she no longer needs to hide her identity, so she is fine with voice chat. I see no reason to turn this suggestion of hers down.


"Also, are you free next Saturday night? Nana's and my schedule align so"


"I am free. I will keep it open even if it is by force"


"Then that's a relief I guess. I will not be able to log in until Saturday so hang in there"


"That is a shame. I will be playing all on my lonesome then"


"Ahaha. Well then......good night Kazuto-kun. See you at school tomorrow"


"Yeap, good night. See you tomorrow"


Rin's figure disappears from the screen. 


The chat box then displays the message, 'Rin has logged out'.


"......I should log off as well I guesss"


If this were the usual, I would play online games until 2300. However, I was filled with an odd sense of fulfillment. I want to lie on my bed while bathing in this lingering feeling of pleasantness.


"Today suree was an amazing day"


I wonder what will happen from here on out.


Plopping down on my bed, I think about Mizuki-san up until the moment I fall asleep.

--------

Thank you very much for reading, I hope you enjoyed yourself!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Prologue

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 1

I got eyes that are able to see the number of times various acts are done (I got eyes) - Chapter 1 - Episode 2